20 August 2008

My debut (hey, that's a French word!) as a blogger

In response to rising demands, I have decided to start a blog going into my two-year Masters program in Paris. I will be leaving to go back on August 28, making it exactly one month that I have spent in Magnolia, Texas, population 1111...soon to be 1110.

I haven't found out where I'll be living yet, but it doesn't matter much anyway because I will first have to get my last vacation out of the way. I'll finally be traveling to the south of France! Germain's friend Antoine's family has a vacation home in the hott, surfer destination of Biarritz near the border of Spain.

Have a look at this map to orient yourself. http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hl=en&tab=wl&q=biarritz%20france I should technically be able to drive Antoine's family car to Spain if we wish, which none of the rest of them can do since, like Germain, neither Antoine nor his girlfriend have ever touched the wheel of a car before.

I'll be taking a 7am train there on Sept 3 with Germain, Antoine, and Antoine's girlfriend and will be back on Sept 9 just in time to hopefully move into the international dorm I used to live in during my Junior year abroad (called the Cite U). This time around, I may not be living in the American house, which is fine by me. I'm hoping to score a room in the Indian house, cuz that's my favorite ethnic cuisine. Is that wrong?

2 comments:

teachagiftedkid said...

Yippee! I can't wait to see what you will tell us about. Love ya'
Mom
ps - while you were running, you already had seven views to your new blog!

rpowers said...

This is a great idea, Amber! Very 21st century :)