05 January 2009

Back in Paris

Happy New Year! Or as the direct French translation puts it, Good Year!

My New Year's Resolution is not only to write in my blog more frequently, but to also make them short and sweet. This one will probably not be short and sweet, so I've already kind of broken that resolution. But I have a lot to say, ok???

I resolve to put pictures in my entries too--I just gotta figure out how to do that. I also resolve not to ask my brother how to do everything technical because I could probably figure stuff out if I just tried :o)

I had a wonnnnddderful trip back to Magnolia and Mandeville/NO. I saw tons of people, some more expected than others, ie Robert Wheeler randomly crossing my path on New Year's. I had just said "Goodbye Callie!" when he walked in between us, so I continued without missing a beat "...and hello Robert Wheeler???"

So, I slept from 6pm to 11pm yesterday (the day I got back) then again from midnight to 9am. It is really disorienting to go to sleep at 6pm, it being dark, then waking up entirely refreshed as if I had slept a whole 8 hours but it was actually just 7pm. That sensation repeated itself but kind of inversely this morning when I woke up in disbelief that my phone said 9am and not 5am, like I was expecting....

And not to mention that when I opened my curtains, BAM! A whole white-covered outdoors slapped me in the face with snow everywhere, and tons of it. It's the first time I've really seen a good snow in Paris!

So now all of you, your New Year's resolution should be to read my blog more often! It's a deal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you had a good holiday. I look forward to reading your posts. As for inserting pictures. I know you can figure out how to do it! I'll expect to see some soon.

teachagiftedkid said...

Snow! Cold! Seems like you will be using those gloves and earwraps very soon. When is your next short blog entry? Nudge, nugde.

Unknown said...

Collllld...I hate cold....brrrr...